Are you claiming all the benefits you are entitled to?
Many people in the UK aren’t claiming the benefits that they could be. It can be confusing to know what financial support you could receive because the UK’s benefits system is quite complicated. However, there are some simple calculators that can help you to quickly determine which benefits you’re eligible for.
You could be entitled to certain benefits if you answer ‘yes’ to any of the following:
- Are you out of work or earning a low income?
- Are you disabled or have an illness?
- Are you aged over 60?
- Are you pregnant or have dependent children?
- Do you spend a lot on childcare?
- Are you a carer for someone?
There are many other criteria, so even if none of these questions relates to you, do check the calculators just in case.
Before you start, it will be easiest if you have some information on hand for you and your partner (if you have one):
- Payslip for income information
- Bank statement
- Information on benefits you already receive
- A council tax bill
- Details of your outgoings (such as rent, childcare costs, utility bills). To make this part easier, try this online budget calculator.
There are many benefits including Attendance Allowance, Carer’s Allowance, Child Benefit, Child Tax Credits, Council Tax Reduction, Housing Benefit, Income Support, Jobseekers Allowance, Working Tax Credit, Pension Credit. Moneysavingexpert has a good full list of what is available.
Universal Credit is gradually being rolled out in some parts of the UK between 2013 – 2017.
For more information about George Banco Guarantor Loans, take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions.
Click here to apply for a guarantor loan